With faster time to first frame and Real-Time streaming, you have more interaction, which leads to increased engagement that drives revenue. Find out how we can take your business to the next level.Learn More
Become part of the team that makes it happen
Phenix is an exciting and fast-growing high-tech company that is changing how people connect. Our technology revolutionizes real-time content delivery and provides means for human connection in the digital age.
Our headquarters are in Chicago's blossoming technology epicenter in the River North neighborhood, though our team is located around the world. We are always looking for talented people to join our ranks — focused, dedicated, inspired, fun people who are ready to make things happen.
We take pride in how we build our systems, mentor our team members and interact with our customers. We follow the manifesto for agile software development and practice SOLID object-oriented design. Most of us have extensively used many programming languages during our careers. We see programming languages as the means of getting things done, not the essence of what defines us as engineers. We become experts in new technologies not because it is exciting (it is!) but because it enables us to create something better and faster. We strive for end-to-end perfection in delivering flawless features to our customers. A happy customer is the ultimate reward for our time. We are egoless because we believe that everyone can learn something from everyone else.
Full Time C++ Engineer
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join our streaming team.
Responsibilities: Building features for our real-time streaming engine in C++ that will be deployed to mobile, desktop and server systems.
- Robust background working with C++ with a focus on networking.
- Experience analyzing systems and identifying and solving performance issues.
- You are fearless! Refactoring and changing existing code to make it better and faster is exciting.
- Dedicated to getting it done. It troubles you to leave unfinished work behind.
- Passionate about real-time communication.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Scalable servers written in C++11 (preferably) or C++.
- Familiarity with TCP/UDP networking - RTP/SRTP/RTCP - ICE (STUN, TURN) - Video and audio over RTP/SRTP - WebRTC - SIP
- Familiarity with video and audio codecs - VP8 - H.264 - Opus - AAC - PCM U-Law
C++ Engineering Intern
We are looking for a software engineer intern to join our streaming team. This is an internship position based in Chicago, IL. You will learn from top engineers and get the chance to be considered for a Junior Software Engineer position after your graduation.
Responsibilities: Building a feature for our real-time audio/video streaming platform in C++ that will be deployed to mobile, desktop and server systems.
- Robust background working with C++ with a focus on networking and/or video.
- You are fearless! Digging deep in someone else's code is exciting.
- You missed meals before because attention to detail is more important than eating on time.
- You take the hardest classes because you can. Your curriculum is exciting to you and not just a requirement to get your degree.
- You are passionate about technology.
- Pending or completed BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Experience with the C++11 standard
- Experience with TCP/UDP networking
- Familiarity with video and audio codecs is a plus
Phenix is hiring an experienced frontend engineer to help support the ongoing development of Phenix real-time video streaming platform that provides low-latency streaming at high quality and massive scale.
Responsibilities: Frontend Development in React and Angular
- React + redux experience (async actions (thunk or sagas), reducers, selectors)
- Angular 2
- Ability to write clean modular and reusable components
- Webpack + babel/transpiling experience
- HTML5 and Modular CSS
- Familiarity with frontend testing frameworks such as jest, karma/mocha and selenium
- Deep knowledge of cross-browser compatibility
- Experience developing for multiple platforms (OS, devices and browsers)
- Experience with mission critical software environments
- Experience developing real-time applications
- Experience with mobile development
- Node.js experience